Friday, April 17, 2009

Some additions to the computer family!

So, I added a computer to my collection about a month ago. Unfortunately, it was damaged during shipment. It still functions correctly, but doesn't look its best. Here are a couple of pictures that show the damage.





I have a claim with UPS right now attempting to get them to purchase me a new case, but I am not holding my breath. Again, for those of you interested, here are the specs.


  • Mac Pro 2.8GHz, 8 Core

  • 10 GB 800MHz Ram (upgraded from 2GB)

  • Dual DVD Writers (upgraded from single)

  • (2) 1TB 7200 RPM SATA II Hard Drives in a mirrored RAID for Media

  • (1) 80GB 10000 RPM SATA II Raptor Hard Drive for the OS

  • (1) 700GB 7200 RPM SATA II Hard Drive for User Files

  • OS X Server 10.5 Operating System

  • Dual External eSATA ports connected to a Dual Bay external hot swappable drive

  • Dual ATI Radeon HD 2600 XT video cards (connected to 3 monitors)

  • Bluetooth Module

  • Dual Gigabit Ethernet Ports



In case you can't tell, I am very excited about my setup. For a little comparison, my Mac Book Pro takes about 2.5 hours to rip a DVD to iPod format using Handbrake. My new Mac Pro completes the same task in about 22 minutes. AWESOME!!

When I purchased the last few components of this system, I decided to get a couple more flash drives too. I love flash drives! Anyway, I took a picture of all of my flash drives side by side to show the different sizes. I am amazed at how small they can make these things now. Anyway, hope you enjoyed my ravings about computer stuff. I will leave you with the pictures!.



5 Comments:

At 3:59 PM, Blogger Caleb said...

Very nice. You still don't have one of these though: http://www.mimoco.com/shop/star-wars/c-3po.html.
Nice computer. I'm glad you can rip DVD's so quickly now.

 
At 4:37 PM, Blogger Keith said...

WHAT A MAC!!!
Lucky!
You are the storage man!

 
At 6:21 PM, Blogger The Grandparents said...

Google called. They want to borrow your new computer to double their server capacity.

 
At 8:54 PM, Blogger CrazyUncle said...

Technology is amazing. Some of those flash drives look just like pennies.

Are you thinking to capture all of the family blogs on your server and then possibly hold them for ransom? Oh yes, you are so transparent.

 
At 8:03 PM, Blogger Auntie Eisel said...

Um.... Go.... computers??? Yeah that's it. Woo hoo!! Computers and flash drives!!! I'm so excited!!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home