Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Some new saddlebags

Well, I ordered some new saddlebags off the internet a few weeks ago from Biker's Den. They arrived sometime last week and I put them on. They were the type that supposedly throw over the rear fender and remain secure under the rear seat. They were plenty secure, but they didn't fit very nicely and they were wiggling around and scratching my paint. Anyway, I devised a plan so that I could mount them without the need for the flaps that went under the seat and that I hoped would keep them from flopping around so much. I bought some 12" T brackets at Home Depot and modified them for my purposes. I will spare you the details, although I do plan to do a write up on the project here. The saddlebags are now securely mounted and look much better in my opinion. Here are some pics. I will expect some comment Justin Myers!!!!



















Hope everyone's summer is as fun as mine!!!!

7 Comments:

At 4:39 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think those bags look pretty good on there. Let's CRUISE!!!!

 
At 11:45 PM, Blogger Kayla said...

I think those are the least interesting pictures I have ever seen... now we're even as I'm sure my shelving pictures don't exactly thrill you either. I'm glad you're having fun with it though. You and Jeremy should come cruise by my house one day and maybe bring your child with you.

 
At 5:45 AM, Blogger Jay said...

Sweet deal. They look pretty nice. I think I'll go buy some saddlebags and mount them to my, uh, car? Yeah, not so much.

Anyway, the bike looks sweet and the bags are excellent. Why don't you swing on down to Texas and we can go ride.

 
At 10:08 AM, Blogger Auntie Eisel said...

Hey, now you can bring Emily along, right? That's pretty cool. Have you actually gotten to use them yet?

 
At 11:45 PM, Blogger Justin Richardson said...

Sweet saddlebags! but more importantly sweet bike!! i had no idea because i haven't had a blog for like 6 months now!

 
At 6:58 PM, Blogger CrazyUncle said...

Looks like you are getting your ride fixed up nicely. Now all you need is a flowery basket up front and it'll be truly complete. And just like Irish Spring, the ladies will like it, too.

 
At 7:32 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can appreciate high res photos, but dang man. Do you know how to make some thumbails that link to the full sized ones? It takes forever for your blog to load on DSL!

Nice saddlebags btw :P I'm so jealous, really!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home