Tuesday, April 03, 2007

God is Awesome


Well, today is the day that I must return to work! I am sad that I will not be able to see Emily whenever I want to now, but I knew this was coming and I feel like I need to get back to work.
During my "Parental bonding time", God did more for us than I ever expected! The first, and obviously most exciting thing, was giving us a perfect, healthy baby girl!



I am forever grateful to Him for this gift and am praying that He will give me the strength to trust her fully into His hands forever!
God also allowed my entire immediate family to come out and spend some wonderful time with Emily, Brenda and me. He then worked out my money situation so that I could take a full month off, paid, and use almost no vacation time. As if this wasn't enough, God decided to keep on giving to us. In a mixed blessing/tragedy, God orchestrated the passing of one life to bring my parents back to visit Emily yet again. The service for the young man who passed away due to cancer was absolutely amazing and could not have been any more positive in light of the circumstances! Thank you Lord!

Since about 2 months before the baby came, Brenda and I have been praying off and on for a new vehicle. We were desperately trying to figure out how to fit it into the budget, but God knew how to do it. For my dad's birthday, God gave us a Jeep!



I went golfing with some friends that morning and I had to have one of them pick me up because my truck was not drivable that day. On the way home from the course, my friend told me he needed to drop by his house for a moment. When we got there he told me that he and his wife had decided to give us their Jeep. Wow! What can you say? God is absolutely amazing! Suddenly, we don't have to worry about finding a new vehicle, our finances will be unaffected, and yet we have even more than we needed!

On top of all this, God gave me the time and health to be able to get many needed projects done while I was off. I was able to change out the rear springs on my truck with my cousin Shane's help. I got my shed cleaned out and took a load of stuff to the dump. Our old, broken down Honda sold and the guy who bought it picked it up and got it off of my in-law's property. I was able to get my aquarium cleaned and set up the way I wanted to, and I was still able to spend plenty of time with my family! I am so humbled by God's amazing goodness to us, we don't deserve it, and yet He gives to us freely! Lord, thank you for all that you have done for us!






Lastly, while I was cleaning in the shed, I came across this awesome find. This is primarily for my sisters, they absolutely adore this shirt!









10 Comments:

At 2:29 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I read your post moments after you left for work and couldn't help but get a little teary eyed. God is indeed GOOD and we are truly blessed. Have a great first day back. Emily & I LOVE YOU!!

 
At 5:13 PM, Blogger Caleb said...

That's great! The shirt I mean. Just teasing. I'm so glad that God has decided to bless y'all with all of those awesome things.

 
At 6:37 PM, Blogger Katie80 said...

Awww...that post was so sweet. Right up 'till the end! :)
Eisel and Dad both told me to come read your blog, so I kept waiting for the part that would really surprise me. I was not let down. I seriously can't believe you still own that shirt. 11 years. Wow.

 
At 8:09 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You failed to mention that you also won the golf game that day. God really must have been on your side:-) Phoenix had an awesome team in 96 is that when you were a huge basketball fan? The tank looks sweet. All you needed to complete this post would have been you catching some sweet air at the bmx track yesterday. I guess when you don't bring the wives you don't get any pictures:-( Have fun getting back to the grind.

 
At 10:54 PM, Blogger Kayla said...

Wow! Is this where the phrase "too blessed to be depressed" finds its place. Actually I don't think theres ever an appropriate time for that one but I guess what I'm trying to say is that I'm very happy for you three. And I too was amazed at how wonderfully the timing of Kelly and Emily worked out. It was very encouraging. Love you guys!

 
At 10:57 PM, Blogger Jay said...

You're getting soft in your old age. But then again, so am I. I love you and Brenda and Emily. I am so glad we got to come and actually be there when Emily was born. Take care at work and I'll talk to you soon.

 
At 7:29 PM, Blogger Justin Richardson said...

sweet jeep! since its the Orvis edition does that mean u are gonna start fly-fishing? I dont think u could find a more white trash shirt. u need to wear that to wal-mart. go suns!

 
At 8:28 PM, Blogger CrazyUncle said...

God truly blesses us sometimes, even when we think we are not worthy. Of course, we are never worthy, so all we can do is what you have done in this post, praise Him and thank Him. I'm glad it has been a great month for you. Keep it up.

 
At 8:11 PM, Blogger Shorty said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

 
At 8:12 PM, Blogger Shorty said...

So can your turtles lay eggs now that they have some sand?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home