Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Philippians 4:6&7

Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made know to God. And the peace of God, which surpasses all comprehension, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus. (Phil. 4:6-7 NASB)

Wow! God is truly amazing! This verse has been proven so true to me over the last few weeks. In the midst of struggles that seemed as though they should have weighed me down very heavily, I felt strangely at peace with the situation. That peace truly surpassed my understanding! I am usually quite stressed out by things not half as big. Thank the Lord for His overpowering peace!

Yesterday I went down to MEPS (Military Entrance Processing Station) and endured the longest day I have had in a long time. Throughout the day, many of the prayers that I have asked you all to pray were answered. First of all, I did well on the ASVAB. (this was a huge relief) Secondly, I passed the physical. I had never had a physical prior to yesterday, so I was worried about it. Thirdly, I had been very worried about the lack of available Navy jobs due largely to the current economy. I had heard a rumor that the next available job was to start 9 months from now. Not having a job right now, this would have been very hard on our family. There are many details to this story, but in an effort to keep this post somewhat short, I will leave it at this. After being told by the job counselor that there would be nothing available prior to May of 2010, she made a phone call and God provided a job that I would enjoy starting September 22nd, 2009! I will be leaving for boot camp on this date. God provided everything that we needed and more, He is truly awesome!

There are still some concerns for us, selling the house being the most bothersome, but we know He can do anything and He will be there for us no matter what He chooses to do. Continue to pray for us, but give thanks that God is an awesome God!!!!!

3 Comments:

At 7:57 PM, Blogger CrazyUncle said...

Praise the Lord for answered prayer. So you did well on MEPS and ASVAB. What about PDQ and AFLAC?

Wait a minute! Did you just thank the Lord for boot camp? I want to hear you do that again in late October. If you can do that, you truly will be thanking Him for everything.

Thanks for the update.

 
At 8:20 AM, Anonymous Brenda said...

God is Awesome!! Thank you babe for providing for our little family! We love and will MISS You like crazy!!!

 
At 8:26 AM, Blogger Keith said...

Psalm 84:11-12 (ESB)
The Lord God is a sun and shield;
the Lord bestows favor and honor.
No good thing does he withhold
from those who walk uprightly.
O Lord of hosts,
blessed is the one who trusts in you!


I read this in my Bible readings this morning, and I was thinking of you and Brenda and thanking the Lord for His blessings!

We love you, son, and are praying for you!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home