Tuesday, January 09, 2007

My Sweet Purchase

Well, I was doing my daily check of good deal sites on the web last week and I came across one that sounded pretty decent on thingfling. They were offering a MonsterPower surge protector as the primary item, but it was coming in a "grab-box" mixed with other stuff that they guaranteed would make this worth $150. The price on the item was $35 and although I knew that the surge protector alone would cost that much, I also knew that I could buy an off brand one for half that much. I decided to go ahead and take the risk in hope of good luck. Well, I have to say, I'm not sure if it would really be worth $150, but I was pleasantly surprised by the amount of stuff that I got.



I ended up getting a total of
  • 4 surge protectors (in varying qualities)
  • 2 extension cords
  • 4 multiple outlet adapters
  • a pigtail adapter
  • a coaxial cable
  • and a timer/surge protector

I am very happy with my purchase and now even more excited to get my new computer and use many of these things to add plugs behind the desk! Oh, I almost forgot, I got that sweet T-shirt too!!!

Well, I only have 1.5 days of work this week and then we are leaving for Disneyland with the Klocke family. There are 11 of us going in total, Neil's family, Kevin's family, Kent's family and my family. We are really looking forward to having a great time together and apparently we are hoping that it rains so Disneyland won't be too crowded. Well, I will post at some point after we get back so y'all can hear how it went. Until then... Watch your topknot!

9 Comments:

At 5:51 PM, Blogger Caleb said...

That's sweet that your deal turned out to be good. I wish I got a pigtail in my combo package, I guess.

 
At 5:55 PM, Blogger Caleb said...

I've had a pigtail before.... maybe not an adapter but I've had TWO pigtails before!! That's cool that you're happy about your purchase. Hope you have a blast at Disneyland! I'm jealous! :)

 
At 5:55 PM, Blogger Auntie Eisel said...

Dang it! I've done it again!

 
At 4:40 AM, Blogger Jay said...

Uh, top knot? So have fun at the land de disney. I wish I could be there to see Marla in the wheelchair. Poor disney isn't gonna know what hit him.

 
At 2:34 PM, Blogger Kayla said...

Well, in that case you should hurry up and help me before you leave. Not to mention the music I'm not going to be able to get. So I've got a plan, just slip the flashdrive in Jason's lunch box. Perfect plan, I know. Glad you got some cool stuff : )

 
At 4:16 PM, Blogger Justin Richardson said...

Did you hear about Tigger punching a kid in the face? be carefull down there.

 
At 4:16 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Contrary to the slogan Disneyland is not the happiest place on earth. I guarantee you that it is Mt. Shasta. Im still keeping my eye open for those free tickets. What? No post about Chucks driver. Not even an honorable mention? Hope you guys have fun.

 
At 3:58 PM, Blogger Kayla said...

This is just a friendly reminder that I think you should edit the end of that Ben Folds song. People could just be listening along and then... well, I think if you get rid of the last five seconds it should be fine.

 
At 6:35 PM, Blogger CrazyUncle said...

Kayla, thanks for the pointer. Otherwise, I would not have heard the last 5 seconds of the song. Hmmm, ZKW.

You gots lots o' stuff in your grab-bag. Congrats. Some of it would not help me. For example, I don't have a timer, so I would not need a surge protector for it. Oh well.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home