Monday, November 06, 2006

I'm loosing my Teeth!

Well, I was over at Kevin and Heather's this weekend watching a movie while eating some delicious caramel popcorn. When I finished I was picking my teeth as you always must after eating popcorn. Unfortunately when I picked one of them, it felt a little wierd and then I realized I had chipped a tooth. Even worse, upon farther examination I realized that I had actually cracked the tooth and then out came these two pieces.



So, now I need an appointment with the dentist to figure out what to do about the hole in one of my molars. I am happy to report that it doesn't hurt at all and I feel as though there is a lot more room in my mouth now!

In other news, I have had a number of comments from people who come to my house about how large my turtles are. As it turns out, I have a comparison picture that Chuck, Caleb and Lauri sent me a long time ago when my largest turtle was very small so I thought I would let everyone see just how much this thing has grown!
Here he is as a small guy sitting next to a US quarter.



Here is the same turtle as of 11.6.06.(I believe the small picture was probably taken about 15 months ago.)



That is a pretty huge difference! I estimate about 600% increase in size. I wasn't quite sure on this, so I did a little photoshop work to make the difference easier to see.





Sure enough, it takes about 18 quarters to cover the big shell and only about 3 to cover the little one. I am very impressed with my turtles growth, I am just scared that in a few years I may need a swimming pool to contain them.

One last thing, please pray for me as I have to get this dental work done and I will also be having an ingrown toenail removed sometime in the next few weeks. Thanks!

18 Comments:

At 12:22 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes, it seems t hat every day squirt is getting bigger. I think it is about time to get a bigger tank. To bad it won't fit in our house though.

 
At 5:07 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just want to know if I can have a loan like $4.50 in quarters maybe. I totally relate to the tooth thing I have a few that have had those problems. As for the ingrown toenail I had one once but I performed minor surgery on myself and it healed up. Good luck with all that. See you sometime again, I hope.

 
At 6:55 PM, Blogger Caleb said...

That's crazy how much it's grown!

 
At 7:14 PM, Blogger Auntie Eisel said...

Wow! That's craziness! We're so proud of you for going to the doctor. :) I hope your toe gets better, and that they can figure out how to handle your tooth. I also hope you and Brenda will get over this cold soon!

 
At 7:27 PM, Blogger Katie80 said...

Wow, that's nuts! Your turtles kinda freak me out, but then I remember how cute they used to me and...well, that almost makes them freakier.
Your photoshop comparison rocks!
If you move down here, we should be able to find you a place with a pool for a pretty decent price!! :)
Good luck with the tooth thing. Sounds sucky. Remember when Chuck's mom chipped her tooth on ice cream? At least popcorn makes a bit more sense.

 
At 8:00 PM, Blogger Jay said...

I'll definitely pray about the doctor and dentist. I feel your pain, well not your pain, but I know how bad that toe deal is. You've been messin' with it for a long time, so you're just crazy. Good talkin' to you today, we should do that more often.

 
At 8:29 PM, Blogger Justin Richardson said...

Chipping teeth hurts a lot. I have two chipped teeth. The dentist hurts more though so I never went. Sweet turtles. Pretty soon you'll be comparing them to your kid.

 
At 8:37 PM, Blogger Kayla said...

You are disgusting. I like how all the pictures contain a quarter.

 
At 7:57 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey is our blog huge on your comp? It is all screwed up at my work and Justin said it is huge on theirs too. Why is it doing that?

 
At 5:23 PM, Blogger Kayla said...

I was walking around in the dark last night (don't ask) and all of the sudden I remembered your wind-up flashlight. I told Justin we should get one :) Good stuff.

 
At 8:15 PM, Blogger CrazyUncle said...

Alison is having some dental stuff done. I think she cracked a tooth eating turtle soup. Ha ha.

Kathie is having some toe problems. I think she hurt her toe nail when she tripped over a turtle.

Kyle is reading that famous Dr Seuss book, Yertl the Turtle, to Isabella.

Now, add that to what you talked about and I seem to be the only dude left turtleless.

Well, anyway, if the turtle grows 600% every 15 months (1.2 quarters per month), and it lives the average of twenty years for a small turtle in captivity, and it started at about 2 inches long, then it'll take 288 quarters to cover it by then. Wow! You will need a pool.

 
At 1:32 PM, Blogger joshnjay said...

Is June 1st 2022 ok? Cuz I was wondering if I could take Emily to the movies that night.... Jayden

 
At 3:00 PM, Blogger Caleb said...

That's awesome that y'all found out. You need to make an official post about it soon.

 
At 4:10 PM, Blogger Katie80 said...

I'm not sure why you have "This song is for ME" by your audio thing, but I just want to state, for the record, I absolutely LOVE this song. In fact, I would venture to say it is my favorite instrumental of all time. Granted, almost all music I listen to has words, but that doesn't matter.
Actually, this whole album is great!

 
At 4:15 PM, Blogger Auntie Eisel said...

I was thinking about coming over here to your blog and telling you that you need to change it to "The Life of Me and my GIRL!" but then you already had!!! You sure are on top of things! It's just so stinkin' exciting! That doctor had better be right, or else y'all are gonna have a ton of little pink clothes and you won't know what to do with them. :) I'm so very excited!

 
At 9:26 PM, Blogger Kayla said...

Congrats my dear boy, you're going to have a girl! I guess if I was any kind of decent I would share some of the money I made off the bets with you, but since you were so sceptical of my prediction (or prophesy, whichever) then I guess I'll just use that money to buy your new daughter some clothes. She can look just like me. Won't that be fun!

 
At 10:02 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The toenail one should be fun, just ask my brother how that feels. You'll get all the good pills though.

 
At 2:45 PM, Blogger The Grandparents said...

Thanks for the phone call. It is always good to hear from you. Take good care of the wife and baby. We are excited for you. Little babies are so special, no matter if they're boy or girl!! Love you. COG

 

Post a Comment

<< Home