Sunday, August 20, 2006

I'm still around, just a little distracted!

Well, as many of you already know, we got Brenda's new MacBook last week!



While Brenda is quite happy to have a new computer that is lighter and has a built in camera, I am probably more excited!
Yesterday I removed the stock hard drive (60gb) and installed a 120gb in its place. Today I installed Windows XP Pro on the drive and now I can boot into either OS X or Windows XP pro. I am really happy with how well it all worked out and I think I am really going to enjoy being able to have a Windows and a Mac laptop with me almost anywhere! For those of you unfamiliar with the new MacBooks, please go here to check them out!
I have already ordered a gig of ram to install in the machine so once it arrives I will have the 13.3" MacBook White with a 120gb hard drive, 1.25gb of ram and a 2ghz processor! As you can tell, I am very excited to have this new machine! I plan to sell the iBook on eBay before too long so if anyone is looking for a new computer, check out my auction in a few days!

7 Comments:

At 8:37 PM, Blogger Caleb said...

YES!!!!! First to comment! I'm glad that you enjoy your new compy. Dad's still cotemplating getting a G5 tower. I only really wanted the New Intel Mac for the eye sight. Or iSight. I don't know which it is. Maybe we can get one of those cameras.

 
At 9:18 PM, Blogger Brenda Walker said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 9:06 AM, Blogger CrazyUncle said...

As you will find out, it's good you are spending your "fun" cash while you can. Soon, it will all be used for baby-related stuff...not that there's anything wrong with that. You might also want to take at least one more trip or something, before you have to carry one-half your house with you for baby-related stuff.

Also, I am jealous of Brenda's (really, hers?) laptop. I am chomping at the bit for an Intel Mac. Oh well, I guess I'll keep spending my money on baby-related stuff for now.

 
At 10:23 AM, Blogger Kayla said...

Don't sell it yet! I'm saving my allowance. Actually, I do have some money in a car account that I could use, but its not quite enough and I don't want to have to give you my iPod. However, if you would like to see the lappy go into the hands of someone you trust... well, enough said.

 
At 3:29 PM, Blogger Justin Richardson said...

Sweet! I'll have to come over and play with Garage Band sometime. That's the only reason I want a Mac.

 
At 3:02 PM, Blogger Auntie Eisel said...

Well, I don't know much about compys, but I'm glad it has and iSight. (That's how I think it should be spelled) So, um, I'm glad you're having lots of fun with it!

 
At 3:13 PM, Blogger Kayla said...

Okay, I tried to ignore it while still being able to use it, but the waving hand is just really freakin' me out. The hand in combination with the song makes for a slightly disturbing blog.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home