Tuesday, October 17, 2006

I Hope you all got a chance to see (and hear) my last blog post!

So, I have been very busy over the last few weeks and have chosen to do things other than create new posts on my blog, but I made up my mind to post today so here it is.

Last time I went out to my parents house, I noticed an unusual wear pattern on my left rear tire. It looked a lot like this.

There are many possible causes for this;

- loose wheel bearings
- mismounted tire/ wheel assembly
- out of balance wheel assembly
- tread design/ tire design
- worn bearings, shocks, springs or other suspension components

but I am guessing that this was simply caused by lack of balance.

At that same time, I noticed the front left was also wearing, but this one was wearing evenly along the outside edge.

This also could have been caused by many things, but in my case, a wheel bearing had gone bad.

Last weekend I went to Costco and bought 4 new tires for $280 mounted, balanced, and including a lifetime (of the tires) road hazard warranty. I felt like I got a pretty good deal. This weekend I went to Les Schwab and got my wheel bearing replaced and an alignment for $180. I am very glad to have my car all fixed (except for the motor mount that is going bad), but I always hate spending money on stuff that I don't really want! Anyway, that is what I have been doing for the last two weekends. I also worked at the Cargile's once and went golfing once, played on the computer a lot and did music at the church both Sundays. We lost our music guy not too long ago, so I am filling in until we can find someone else. Well, I could probably give you more of the exciting details that are my life, but I will save those for another post.

Oh, and for any of you wondering about the validity of Justin M's last comment, he is not the normal one, he just brings out the worst in me!

9 Comments:

At 3:35 PM, Blogger Caleb said...

I'm sorry about your tires but I'm glad that you figured out what was wrong with them. Thanks for updating, looking forward to seeing y'all.

 
At 3:37 PM, Blogger Caleb said...

Hey! You finally updated for real! But unfortunately, I don't really have anything to say about your tires. It's good that you got them fixed though! Sorry about the music. I'd come play the Awana song for you if you'll pay for my flight and come pick me up and feed me and all that good stuff! :) We're so excited to see you!!!!

 
At 3:38 PM, Blogger Auntie Eisel said...

Man! I forgot to change the user name thingy! That was actually auntie eisel, not future uncle.

 
At 3:59 PM, Blogger Auntie Eisel said...

By the way, I love your new song!!! :) We took the nerd test. I think if they tell you that you aren't a nerd, that just means that you don't really know anything. :) I got a 19. I'm a not nerd!

 
At 4:37 PM, Blogger The Grandparents said...

Zach, glad you got your tires taken care of before your trip to Pahrump!! We are looking forward to seeing you, and Randy and Kathie are coming, too. Please pray for Kathie's mother, whose health is not getting any better! Hard for her and her family, too! We are doing fine here, except for Neen, who just continues to decline. Well, thank the Lord I believe He knows what is best!! COG

 
At 4:27 PM, Blogger Kayla said...

I noticed your new profle picture, and it made me laugh. Nice song. This is a step up from the last sound clip you had on here... oh and its better than the toilet sound.

 
At 6:51 AM, Blogger Jay said...

Ouch! Although, I would say it is the other way around. I used to be an upstanding member of society, one that even served his country honorably. After getting to know you I'm surprised I'm not in the slammer. Take that how you'd like.

I will say, we should hang out sometime and take some more sweet photos. Maybe in a few years, ZJ will be studly enough to flex with us.

 
At 4:29 PM, Blogger Justin Richardson said...

Hey, thanks for the song. Nice profile picture.

 
At 4:42 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Stop trying to make everyone believe that this is mine and Justins favorite cd. You know you are the one who had to get another copy cause you wore out your last one:-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home