Monday, September 25, 2006

Homemade Grilled Stuft Burritos!!!

Well, for those of you who have never had a Steak Grilled Stuft Burrito with lime sauce from Taco Bell in Anderson, CA at 3 in the morning, I would suggest you go do that before continuing to read this post.
Ok, so I assume this means that you have now had a grilled stuft burrito in Anderson. Good! It was delicious wasn't it? I certainly enjoy them!
Due to my somewhat unusual love of Steak Grilled Stuft Burritos, Kevin, my brother in law, decided that he and I should attempt to make them at home. It turns out that you can get recipes for some of the ingredients online. We found the recipe for the lime sauce that I always add to my burritos so we made some of that. We then set out to make them taste as much like Taco Bell as possible. I was very impressed, while they were not exactly like Taco Bell, they certainly had a very similar flavor and I felt that they were likely the best homemade burritos that I have ever had! Thanks Kevin!!!! Here are a few pics of us creating the burritos.





Here is me enjoying my burrito!!!!





Yep, those things were pretty tasty!


On Sunday night we went to Trish Taff's birthday party and I saw Jeremy there, he told us about some sweet clearance deals at Target. The next day, Brenda made it to Target and bought two ceiling fans for $7.50 each! We were very excited because we have wanted a ceiling fan for our bedroom for quite a while! While it is not exactly what we wanted, we figured for that cheap we might as well get it and just upgrade later. I put the fan in tonight and I think that we will probably sleep better as a result.





For anyone out there who has heard horror stories about fans that I install plummeting to the ground and nearly killing people, I just want to say that those stories are untrue and Brenda and I are in no danger sleeping under a fan that I installed!! Until next time!!!

22 Comments:

At 7:03 AM, Blogger Shorty said...

Thanks for letting Neil and I join you for the burritos. They were very yummy.

 
At 7:50 AM, Blogger Caleb said...

I hadn't heard those stories 'til we went with you to Uncle Rick's. That was pretty funny. I didn't go to the Taco Bell in Anderson but maybe I will... someday. Looking forward to seeing you relatively soon!

 
At 7:58 AM, Blogger Auntie Eisel said...

At first I was thinking that you should have spelled it "stuffed" instead of "stuft", but then I asked Mom, and we decided that maybe Taco Bell spells it "stuft". Drat, I should have checked while we were in Anderson at three in the morning! I'll admit, it kind of ruined our schedule, being gone for 20 hours like that....... :) And I think I prefer the cheese quesadillas to the grilled "stuft" burrito.

 
At 8:00 AM, Blogger Auntie Eisel said...

Okay, so I wasn't really there, and I still haven't had a grilled stuft burrito. But did I make you laugh?
I'm glad you got a fan1 That's cool. And I like the pictures of you eating! :)

 
At 8:01 AM, Blogger Auntie Eisel said...

I didn't mean to say "fan1". That exclamation point turned into a one.

 
At 4:38 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Zach, Zach are you there? If you do not respond to this within an hour or so I am going to assume that you are both victims of the fan and I am going to lay claim to your computers, golf clubs, motorcycle and anything else that I might need. That looks like a sweet $7.50 fan. I probably should have bought a couple just to have on hand. Clearance things kind of find a way into my cart whether I need them or not. Wow that was almost long enough to classify as a letter.

 
At 5:06 PM, Blogger Kayla said...

Thats a nice fan but now you should remember you installed it and not throw your future kid up in the air while standing in your bedroom. Oh the stories I've heard...

 
At 6:24 PM, Blogger Alison said...

Man I do love Taco Bell but my favorite are the bean burritos. I do like that fan and I would go crazy if we didn't have ceiling fans in our apt.

 
At 8:23 PM, Blogger Katie80 said...

I do not like taco bell.
I love having a fan in the bedroom. While I have certainly heard the horror story, the fan in my bedroom is still great, so I trust y'all will be safe.

 
At 9:53 PM, Blogger CrazyUncle said...

I do like Taco Bell. It is one of the dates on which I still take Kathie weekly. I also have a fan in the bedroom. I use it. I am thinking that when you said "I put the fan in tonight and I think that we will probably sleep better..." you mean that the improved slumber results from using your fan and not just because you installed it.

 
At 4:20 AM, Blogger Jay said...

Oh the grilled stuft burritos. Man I haven't had one in days. Ok, maybe a month or two, but still. I should try the steak one some time. See though, I'm cheap so I don't like to "upgrade" to the steak. What have y'all dang walkers done to me!

Love you man.

It's not weird saying you love a man such as brother/cousin/uncle if you actually include man. Now I'm not a wuss.

 
At 6:42 PM, Blogger Kayla said...

Hey, I'm back with blogger now. I'll explain on my blog. You can go there by going to http://kaylam44.blogspot.com/ Yep, the freewebs didn't work out.

 
At 1:00 AM, Blogger Brenda Walker said...

Justin don't let certain Walker people influence you!! You can upgrade and feel good about. You can do it!! Somtimes being cheap isn't a good thing!!

 
At 10:23 PM, Blogger Justin Richardson said...

Zach, I found your theme song. Get on acuisition and download weird als' new cd. It's the first song. It also has canadian idiot which is pretty funny.

 
At 6:16 PM, Blogger Justin Richardson said...

How was Tahoe? I almost stopped by your house today but I didn't know if you were back or not.

 
At 6:52 PM, Blogger Justin Richardson said...

Hey, I e-mailed you but It failed to send. I don't know if my sister told you or not but I can't help you out on this one. sorry :(

 
At 5:16 PM, Blogger Justin Richardson said...

How'd music go?

 
At 12:05 AM, Blogger Brenda Walker said...

Music wasn't too bad, the first song kinda sucked, I couldn't hear it over the monitor so I messed up. After that it went alright.

 
At 6:26 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey why don't you update about your golf game today. FFFOOOOOOORRRRRREEEEE

 
At 4:37 PM, Blogger Kayla said...

Why don't you just update.

 
At 7:02 PM, Blogger Auntie Eisel said...

Come on man! Update already! And I'm thinking that if you actually want a girl, maybe you should change the name to "The Life of Me and my GIRL!". Don't you think?

 
At 4:24 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

I just came across your blog while Googling for a Grilled Stuft Burrito recie and you know what else I found... you live only minutes from me! I'm in Redding.
Anywho, the Taco Bell in Anderson rocks!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home