Monday, October 24, 2005

Home is where the router is.

Yes, many say home is where the heart is, but for Brenda and me it definitely starts to seem like home when the internet is up and running.
Just the other day I was able to buy my wireless router. (hence, the title) I bought a D-Link DI-624.

For anyone who doesn't know, this allows me to have a wireless internet connection throughout my house and it also lets me network all of the computers in my house wirelessly or through ethernet cables. Pretty exciting stuff if you're me!!! Much to my surprise, the ethernet hub that I was networking through previously was dramatically slowing down my internet connection speed. I can now happily report that I am getting full use of my 3MB internet connection.

In other news, I got part of my aquarium lid finished, but I still need to do a little finish work prior to posting any pictures. Also, we got our queen mattress for our extra room this morning so now we have some room for guests!! Come see us!

12 Comments:

At 12:42 PM, Blogger Brenda Walker said...

You're welcome Kayla!

 
At 2:50 PM, Blogger Lindsay Ward said...

Well, your router sounds cool and 3MB of internet connection sounds like enough even for you! Do you help everyone with their technology troubles? First Kayla was requesting your infinite blog knowledge and now shannon.

 
At 10:33 AM, Blogger CrazyUncle said...

Pay no attention to the man behind the router. He just a front for the turtles.

 
At 5:06 PM, Blogger Auntie Eisel said...

Congradulations on the mattress. I would loooove, wait that needs to be a little stronger, I would LLLOOOOOVVVVEEEE to come visit you!!!!! When are you coming to get me? I would request that it could be after Ellyn leaves so that I can still be with her, but anytime after that is good. :) I love y'all.

 
At 5:08 PM, Blogger Auntie Eisel said...

And no, that last comment was not from mom only with my picture, it's just that we made the switch, and she (mom) now has to call Ellyn, "Bean" as long as Caleb, Chuck and I call her Ellyn. So there you go.

 
At 4:46 PM, Blogger Katie80 said...

What the heck? I thought that spare room was for me?! Now you are just inviting anyone and everyone to come stay with you?
Hopefully I will be able to stay in my room soon! :)

 
At 4:55 PM, Blogger Kayla said...

Thanks for the Button Zachary! I feel oh so special. All the sun was not the one I had in mind it looks like it goes to a sunscreen comercial. But I like it.

 
At 5:54 AM, Blogger Aaron, Kara, Walker, Sophie June, and Ford said...

Routers for computers, and Mattresses for guestrooms, Turtles in aquariums, and Friends at planetariums--these are a few of my favorite things. I'm glad you're getting moved in and settled--and with the addition of the wirelessness, I say, "Happy mobile blogging!"

 
At 4:03 PM, Blogger Kayla said...

I'm so sorry, I feel so bad, I didn't even notice the grey text yesterday. Do you love it or what? About that router, I know exactly what you are talking about.

 
At 10:48 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

what is up yo? I have the same router, works great most of the time. yep that's about it i guess

 
At 8:29 AM, Blogger Jay said...

Hey yo man! I gotta tell ya, I like you too, or was it that you said love in the comment on Ellyn's? blog. Weird. Anyway I love you too. I can't wait until you can come hook up our house. We're gonna have a sweet time. Now it just a matter of making some money so we can afford all the cool stuff we can do to our new homes...or at least yours I don't have one yet....SOON!

 
At 9:56 AM, Blogger Justin Richardson said...

Who's Abraham Barnabas? Is he a dog?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home