Friday, November 18, 2005

A busy Day!!

Well, today was a fun day for me. I got a lot done and I bought a lot of stuff. I ordered all of the pieces to build a PC (computer) on Tuesday, well, almost all the pieces. In all of the excitement I forgot to order a case, so I ordered that this morning. Anyway, a lot of the other things that I ordered came today. Here are some pictures of them.








For anyone interested I will give a quick rundown of what I ordered at the end of this post. I also bought a desk which you can see in the picture of the monitor and speakers. I used the iMac that I have here right now to test the speakers and monitor, both work well althought the iMac will not display in full resolution on the external monitor. I also got a chance to work in the garage today. I spent most of the time unpacking boxes of tools and other garage stuff and putting the tools on my pegboard. Here is a picture of everything I have up there right now.



I still have a long way to go, but at least I am making some progress. I sure am glad I went with the full 8' pegboard instead of doing 6' like I considered!

Alright, here is the rundown of what I bought.


  • Cooler Master Centurion 5 Case

  • DFI Lanparty UT nF4 Ultra Motherboard

  • AMD Athlon 64 3200+ CPU

  • Radeon X600 Pro Video Card

  • 2x 512mb Kingston PC3200 Ram

  • Maxtor 300Gb SATA Hard Drive (16mb cache)

  • Maxtor 80Gb ATA 133 Hard Drive

  • Ben Q DVD RW burning drive w/lightscribe

  • Lite On DVD Rom Drive

  • Sabrent 42 in 1 Card Reader

  • Logitech LX 300 Cordless Keyboard and Mouse

  • Logitech X230 Speakers w/subwoofer

  • Westinghouse 17" LCD Monitor



I am excited to get the rest of the pieces so that I can put this thing together and start learning about PC's. I bought this so that I could go to school and hopefully earn a degree in computer networking and that type of thing. I am excited to start learning!!

8 Comments:

At 7:29 PM, Blogger Katie80 said...

Wow, you have alot of tools.
I tried reading the list of computer stuff you bought...but I got bored. I do like the word "motherboard" though, it's funny. So where did you put your new desk, is it in your big hallway/small room with your other desk?

 
At 7:31 PM, Blogger Jay said...

DANG!

 
At 2:08 PM, Blogger Aaron, Kara, Walker, Sophie June, and Ford said...

Wow! That garage looks great -- a lot like my dad's. You're not allowed to see ours, and Aaron is not allowed to see yours because he would be too jealous!

 
At 6:08 PM, Blogger Kayla said...

I started reading your list too but then I just decided that if desk was on that list then I wasn't going to speak to you anymore. How dare you blow off our wonderfully laid out plans to make millions, just so you can get a degree!

 
At 1:45 PM, Blogger Auntie Eisel said...

Wait, wait, wait.. Learning? And Zachary?!? And....... Excited?!? HOW can this BE!!?!

 
At 2:58 PM, Blogger CrazyUncle said...

Cool. Here's a list of what I bought.



Good luck, Dude.

 
At 8:42 AM, Blogger Lindsay Ward said...

Are you going to school soon??

 
At 3:32 PM, Blogger Justin Richardson said...

Sweet Computer. I couldn't figure out all the jibberish you had on that list but I gathered that you got the dual disk drive. You have the same sound system as I do. The sub makes a huge difference. I have never been "excited" to learn but if it makes you money in the long run than I can see why you are enthusiastic.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home