Saturday, November 18, 2006

Well, I was able to return to work!

I appreciate all of your prayers, they worked! I only ended up missing 2 days of work and on Thursday I was able to go back and enjoy the wonderful world of Wal-Mart once again! On Friday, we had a somewhat interesting day at Wal-Mart. I got to work at about 3:00pm and the beginning of the day was pretty much standard, but at about 4:00pm something went wrong with the PA system in our building and the alarm which they use in case of emergency began to go off. We assumed that they would have it fixed quite quickly, but after about 15 minutes, people started to get irritated. (myself included) Anyway, to make a rather long day into a short story, I will just tell you that it turned out we have no one capable of fixing this little problem in our building or even our town. We had to put in a call to San Jose and they sent a guy up to fix this issue. When I left the building at 4:15am the alarm was still beeping with only momentary pauses while someone would cut in on the alarm to make an announcement. Thanks to federal regulations, we couldn't just turn off the system because that would be a safety hazard! Just for your listening pleasure, I happened to get a rather bad recording of this sound on my Palm. Please let this play in the background (quite loudly) for about 12 hours just to get an idea of how the 300 or so people in the building felt after a few hours.



So, we had quite an exciting evening last night, but at least it's over now. The weekend has just begun (for me, I sleep pretty late) so have some fun!

9 Comments:

At 4:51 PM, Blogger Caleb said...

That's sweet! Sorry about the irritations. I'm glad that your toe's better!

 
At 4:53 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can't listen right now cuz J is talking to you on the phone (for the bajillionth time today) right now. I'll be sure to come back and listen later. Sounds like it was very obnoxious. I hope y'all are able to fix my compy soon!!! I miss it. :(
Enjoy your weekend!

 
At 4:54 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

right now...right now...
hmm...yeah, I'm a thinker.

 
At 8:19 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That makes the alarms on the machines at my work sound like beautiful music.

 
At 7:44 AM, Blogger Jay said...

Dude, that stinks. I reckon you should come here and fix bean's computer, and I promise not to set off the alarm again.

 
At 5:59 PM, Blogger Kayla said...

I only listened to the sound for about five seconds. It was rather annoying. Thanks for sharing. Kind of like when someone says yuck... hey taste this!
Thanks for coming over and bringing me music today... even if it was such a dreadful chore.

 
At 5:41 PM, Blogger Auntie Eisel said...

Caleb already made me listen to it, so I didn't bother to listen again. :) Plus, I was busy listening to your other music. I really like that song! I can't say much for the plot line that goes along with it, but I like pretty much all the music that's in it! :) I'm glad your toe is doing better. We're still praying for you,.. it. I'm so excited about Emily!!!

 
At 10:48 PM, Blogger Justin Richardson said...

I still can't decide which one of your audio clips I like more.

 
At 2:40 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Now that made me laugh out loud. I'm trying very hard to remember that alarm going off and I recon that was the day I called in so I wouldn't have heard it. I'm upset now that I was sick just so I could hear it!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home