Tuesday, February 21, 2006

My new bike!

Well, my friend Steve is awesome. I told him six days ago that I was looking for an inexpensive older bike and two days later he called to ask me if $300 for a 1978 Kawasaki KL250 was alright. Of course I told him yes!

The bike is not currently running, but Steve is going to fix it for me and I am hoping he will call me and let me come work on it with him. Apparently the carb needs a little work and there may be an issue with the wiring. Other than that it is in good shape. The paint job that the previous owner put on it leaves a little something to be desired, but it still has all of the original parts and the seat isn't even cracked! Anyway, I am very excited to get this thing running so I can start riding. I went down to DMV today to pick up a motorcycle handbook so that I can get a permit and start practicing for my license test! Here is a picture of the bike as it looks right now and the other picture is what it looked like new (from the front of the Kawasaki repair manual that it comes with!)





This is an enduro bike, (it can be ridden on or off road) I am happy about that because it took me a long time to decide if I wanted a dirt bike or a street bike, but now I kind of have both! Anyway, I am very excited about this in case you can't tell. Hope y'all enjoyed reading about it!


In response to Kayla's comment, yes, this is probably what I will look like in six months.

12 Comments:

At 5:22 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

LUCKY!!!! Will you take it over any sweet jumps? You wanna race? Maybe after we get good at riding our old bikes the girls will let us get some nice respectable ones.

 
At 6:34 PM, Blogger Caleb said...

Pretty cool. Ride it down and see us.

 
At 7:05 PM, Blogger Caleb said...

Sounds like fun! I think it looks better now, don't you? :) Well, I hope you get it running soon. And I agree, you should ride it down to see us.

 
At 7:05 PM, Blogger Caleb said...

Oh, man! Sorry! I didn't know I was signed in as Caleb. Oops!

 
At 9:06 PM, Blogger Brenda Walker said...

Cool bike babe!! Can't wait until you get to take it for a ride. Are you going to let me test it out?

 
At 9:20 PM, Blogger Kayla said...

Shocks! Pegs! Lucky!! Jeremy stole my idea. Are you going to get a leather jacket and grow out your beard and your hair.

 
At 3:12 PM, Blogger Auntie Eisel said...

Wow, that picture is awesome! If I get me a bike like yours, will I be able to look that cool?

 
At 9:33 PM, Blogger Jay said...

Dude you suck. I can't believe you got a bike before me! But congrats, that's stinkin awesome. My dad had an enduro back in the day. Actually that is probably the bike he used to ride. NO that exact bike. I'm sure if we checked the previous owners it would say Jimmy M. for morrell Myers.
Anyway congrats again. I'm so happy for you!

 
At 9:45 PM, Blogger Justin Richardson said...

Sweet bike! I don't know which one I like more though, the one you have or the one on your last post :) If I got a deal like that I'd definetely say yes. I'm gonna try to find one after this summer. How much is it to get insured? Did you go to Awanas? I skipped out this week and went to the basketball game. We killed Lassen like 85 to 50. Enterprise is our next victim in the playoffs.

 
At 9:48 PM, Blogger Justin Richardson said...

Hey I want a button like my sister. Could you make it that biker guy if possible, or Chuck Norris.

 
At 10:23 AM, Blogger CrazyUncle said...

Neph, ask my architect bro what happened to MY bike once when he was riding it. And it might have been him aklso that rode it over a dam. Well, you should ask him about those things and then NOT DO THEM YOURSELF. I loved my bikes. No, not like that! Weirdo!

 
At 11:56 AM, Blogger Aaron, Kara, Walker, Sophie June, and Ford said...

You'll shoot your eye out!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home