Monday, February 27, 2006

Spending my Christmas money, finally!

Yes, I finally got around to spending my Christmas money! I have been thinking a lot about the best way to spend it, but was unable to decide. Then I received an email from MacMall, they were offering some great rebates on two products that I was very interested in. I decided that it was now time to put my saved Christmas money to use! Here are the things that I purchased today.


This monitor was only $129+tax and shipping after mail in rebate. Now I can have dual monitors for my Mac. I am excited about this because I like to work on websites with many windows open. This should allow me to do that more easily. (Plus I think dual monitors are cool!!!)


My DVD drive in my Mac has been giving me a little trouble. (It reads and burns DVD's, but when I play them in the DVD player they skip and freeze a lot, so much so that they are basically unusable.) Anyway, I found out that I could buy a new 16x Dual Layer burner that was compatible with my Mac and all of its i-software for only $79! I am anxious to get it installed and give it a try.


I know, many of you are thinking, "Didn't he already post about that router a few months ago?", yes, I did, but I just ordered another one because it was only $20 after mail in rebate! That is crazy cheap!!! I love it!

Lastly, the not so exciting thing.

This little guy is an ADC to VGA adapter and while not that exciting, it will allow me to use my current video card to attach both monitors to my Mac. I was excited about it because it was only $30, this is versus at least $70 that I would have had to spend on a new video card for the computer!
Anyway, as you can see, I had quite an exciting morning! Hopefully, next time I post I will be looking at content on two monitors while hurrying to finish so that I can go ride my motorcycle!!

8 Comments:

At 3:37 PM, Blogger Kayla said...

So you are like a biker\computer geek. Sounds like you had quite a bit of money without my $50 check so I guess I won't give it to you after all.
At first whe I saw your post but hadn't scrolled down far aenough I thought you had a bought some sort of art piece.

 
At 4:41 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The dual monitor thing seems rather confusing to me. But maybe with that then you would have more need for Kayla's revolving desk?

 
At 6:52 PM, Blogger Katie80 said...

I have the dual monitor setup at work and I think it's wonderful...especially when you're running windows instead of Tiger! :) Expose would be useful, but what are ya gonna do, right?
I can't believe it took you that long to spend your Christmas money. What money did you use on the bike?

 
At 8:36 PM, Blogger CrazyUncle said...

I feel you, dog! I've still got a $50 Barnes and Noble gift certificate. When I see the right deal, I'm all over it. (That *does* mean I will spend it when a sufficiently advantageous opportunity avails itself, does it not?)

 
At 5:32 AM, Blogger Jay said...

Well although I am extremely jealous and now in a bad mood because of all your bragging the last two posts, that's stinkin sweet! I can't wait to come check out your sweet set-up and your bike.

 
At 12:04 PM, Blogger Caleb said...

Pretty cool Zachary. I like the lizard.

 
At 12:10 PM, Blogger Auntie Eisel said...

I'm assuming that you will leave those cool flowers on the desktop right? I was one of those people thinking, "didn't he already post about that router....." what can I say? I'm glad for you anyway. You need to hurry up and fix your bike so that when we come, you can take us for a ride!!

 
At 9:07 PM, Blogger Justin Richardson said...

You shouls start a biker gang for nerds. You've taken this a step further, now instead of buying parts for your computer you're buying extra monitors so you can multi-task more than you used too. Oh well, at least you can fix my blog when it's broken. Is your bike fixed already. My brother bought a dirtbike today.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home