Thursday, March 02, 2006

The Bike Runs!!!!!

Well, Steve Taff is the MAN!! He called me on Tuesday and I went over to his place to work on my bike. We put about 2 hours in just checking for compression and what not. On Wednesday we put in a new spark plug, cleaned out the carburetor, tightened some nut and bolts and charged the battery. Next we filled it up with gas and it started up!! It runs really well, but right now we still have a few minor issues to work through. The floats in the carb are sticking which cause fuel to leak out of the overflow and the blinkers aren't working. I should be able to fix the blinkers easily and Steve and I can probably figure out why the floats are sticking!
On another positive note, I went down to DMV this morning and passed my written motorcycle test. Now I can legally drive around (staying off of major highways and not driving at night) to practice before I go back to take the driving test in a few months. I also found out that I can register it fairly easily. Since it hasn't been registered since 1983, it is not on record so that makes it very easy to set up new registration under my name, YIPPEEE! I hate dealing with the DMV so this is a real answer to prayer! Anyway, that is what I have been doing! Here, for your viewing pleasure, is a picture of the helmet that I am thinking about getting!

8 Comments:

At 1:40 PM, Blogger Caleb said...

That's stinkin' awesome Zachary!!!!! I glad that the test went well.

 
At 2:44 PM, Blogger Lindsay Ward said...

They needed you on Amazing Race on Tuesday. They had to put together really old looking motorcycles with no plans. All the teams had lots of problems.

 
At 4:54 PM, Blogger Auntie Eisel said...

That's so exciting!!! I can't wait to come see it! YIPPEEE! :) tee hee

 
At 7:46 PM, Blogger CrazyUncle said...

How much did you charge the battery? Why are the floats stinking? You don't like floats? Do you like parades? Will you be parading around on your bike? I've got a little compression in my neck. I think I slept wrong. Maybe I should have gone to the DMV for a nice nap.

 
At 8:02 AM, Blogger Jay said...

Well that is the coolest thing I've heard in a few days. You are the man. Now if I could just find a cheap bike. Maybe you could get them to find me a cheap one, then fix it then crate and ship it. You know, I would do it if you could find a decent bike. Hook me up brotha!

 
At 3:09 PM, Blogger Justin Richardson said...

Sweet. My internet works again. The people turned it off because apparently we didn't pay our bill but we got it all figured out and I have internet after three days without it. I can't imagine what you'd be going through without internet. It's pretty funny when the helmet is almost worth as much as the bike.

 
At 5:11 PM, Blogger Kayla said...

I'm not seeing a guy who listens to classical music wearing a helmet like that, but whatever. Maybe now you and my brother can go riding downtown and start a bike club.

 
At 6:45 AM, Blogger Aaron, Kara, Walker, Sophie June, and Ford said...

I like the helmet. At least maybe your Traumatic Brain Injury won't be terrible if you're wearing that!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home