Thursday, March 23, 2006

Finally, again????

Yes, finally again. I thought that I had everything worked out with my motorcycle, but right after my last post I recieved all of my paperwork back from the DMV with a handwritten note. The lady that helped me wrote the note to apologize for having misinformed me as to the status of my bike. She had failed to have me get a CHP verification and had missed one piece of paperwork. Anyway, I spent most of yesterday dealing with these issues. Here are some pictures of my bike up in my truck for the verification yesterday. (I really do plan to get some action pictures soon!)





Ok, I am about to launch into a lot of detail about all the junk I went through for the DMV yesterday so if you are easily bored you may skip down to the bolded starting point now.
I started my day out by loading the bike into my truck, I then drove over to the California Highway Patrol to have them verify my VIN and Engine number. The CHP officer was very friendly, I arrived 10 minutes early and by the time my appointment was supposed to start, I was done. He even had the paperwork done in the computer so it was very neat and easy to read. After this bit of good fortune I decided to go ahead and brave the DMV line so that I could get everything taken care of. I arrived at DMV and waited only 40 minutes before being helped. The woman that was helping me was very nice, but unfortunately she was new so she didn't know exactly what was going on. After about 15 minutes and two trips by this ladies trainer to the back to ask someone else what to do, they decided that I needed to get in touch with the previous owner (before the guy that I got it from) and have him sign a bill of sale to Steve, who sold me the bike. I called Steve, went by and had him sign this paper, and he called Dave (the previous owner). I then went down to see Dave, he signed the paperwork and I proceeded back to DMV. This time the wait was about 45 minutes, but I went home right after I got my number and picked up a magazine to read and something to drink. By the time I got back to DMV I only had to wait about 25 minutes. As I arrived at the counter this time (with high hopes) I was informed that the CHP verification wouldn't work because it had been typed rather than handwritten. WHATEVER!!!!!!!!! The stupid DMV then decides that they can just use the one that they made out the first time. (If you can use that one, why in the heck did you ever send me to CHP????) "Oh, wait," the new girl says, "We can't use this one because the mileage has been modified." Well of course it's been modified, I rode it all around the first time y'all told me it was legal. "Well, we're going to have to do another verification." Luckily for me, I still had the bike in the truck from the CHP, so I told them we could just do it now. I went out and waited in the verification line for about 15 minutes and when I got to the front of that line I had to wait about 15 more for someone to actually help me. Surprise, surprise, for the third time all of the numbers match!!! Could it be, will I actually finish this process??? YES!!!!!!!!! I went back inside (directly to the woman who was helping me before, I wasn't waiting in line again!) and was informed that that was it, she would give me my plates now. I already have plates, I got them last time you said I was done! Easily Bored Reader, Start again here Well, anyway, I should be completely legal this time. Hopefully nothing else unexpected comes up!

Oh, and just for the record, I despise the DMV!!!!!!!!!!

11 Comments:

At 6:23 PM, Blogger Kayla said...

I am not an easily bored reader and thus read the entire thing. I always thought CHP stood for California Helicopter Pad. Am I wrong? Those action pictures you speak of, may be a little too much for us though. I saw you riding it yesterday, and it was far too cool.

 
At 7:26 PM, Blogger Justin Richardson said...

Cool. I like 50 first dates. That song makes me want to buy a Ukelele. You could probably learn to play one of those, It's easier on the fingers. I'm pretty sure everyone hates the DMV.

 
At 8:35 PM, Blogger CrazyUncle said...

That's weird. When I watched CHiPS back in the 70s, I never saw people getting the run around from the DMV.

 
At 4:10 AM, Blogger Jay said...

Yeah CHiPs was the coolest. Then again I didn't watch it until the late 80's. But it was still the coolest. And crazyuncle is right, you must be lying Zach cuz I never saw anything about the DMV on CHiPs.


But if you are telling the truth, sorry it was such a pain. Then again, you still have a bike and I don't. SO you are the MAN

 
At 9:32 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I knew things went way too easy for you the first time around. After the three months it took me to get mine legal there was no way you could be done in a day or two. Glad its all done now we can go cruising, and practice our small circles.

 
At 2:53 PM, Blogger Justin Richardson said...

Yeah they would make a good pair. Wanna trade me trucks?

 
At 4:00 PM, Blogger Kayla said...

Sweet song. You should put a picture of Israel himself on here.

 
At 11:54 AM, Blogger Auntie Eisel said...

Thanks for the handy bold print and everything! That's great! I at least gave you the courtesy of scanning over the other part though. :) I'm sorry it was so hard, but I'm glad it's done now. You should ride it down to see us soon!

 
At 1:17 PM, Blogger Caleb said...

I braved and conquered the non-bold section. Good stuff, good stuff. I don't care for the Dumbv either.

 
At 1:23 PM, Blogger Aaron, Kara, Walker, Sophie June, and Ford said...

That was a rather short post for the easily bored reader. I'm glad that you are ready to start riding -- just remember to BE CAREFUL!! Brenda is a good woman -- Aaron is not really able to even think about having a bike AND a wife!

 
At 3:26 PM, Blogger Justin Richardson said...

I'll be done with your loading ramp tommorrow. I went over to the shop and put in another hour sixth period but I'm not quite done. Looks like my brothers gonna have to go to your house tommorrow if you guys go riding. I'll bring it to church on sunday though.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home