Thursday, March 16, 2006

I got it all worked out!!!!!

Well, I just realized that I was having so much fun with all of my new toys that I hadn't updated in a long time. Anyway, I got everything worked out with the motorcycle. I went to the bike shop and got an air filter element along with some chain lube, air filter oil and some grease. I found a battery at a battery place here in town. (This was a bigger task than it sounds like because it is a little tiny 6 volt battery instead of the typical 12 volt.) Anyway, I got the exact battery that I needed at this place, but unfortunately it didn't solve my blinker problem. I still have to have the engine rpm's up just a little bit in order for the blinkers to blink. The next morning I went down to the DMV and they did a VIN and engine number check on the bike and then they gave me a new title and registered it with no problems! They didn't even tell me that I had to have a brake and light check, which means my little problem with the blinkers isn't really a problem. I was very excited. I called an insurance company that Steve told me about and they gave me insurance for the next year on my bike for $100.87. Anyway, my total now for the bike, the helmet, all of the parts, insurance for the year and registration is $650! I am very thankful that Steve found me such a great deal!!!
Last Thursday I went out with Jason and rode around off road for a while, we had a good time and I didn't crash! On Friday Caleb, Lauri, Chuck and I went out to the Klocke's and rode around their yard. Caleb rode the bike all around by himself and while Lauri wasn't quite tall enough to ride it all by herself, she did operate it entirely by herself while I ran along beside her to keep her from tipping over! Chuck rode it too, and despite a few problems with a fence, he rode it quite well. I wish I had some pictures to post, but we (conveniently.) forgot the camera!!! I will try to get a picture of the bike, now that it is running, for my next post.

6 Comments:

At 7:32 PM, Blogger Auntie Eisel said...

You say very politely that I could operate it, but you forgot to mention that I seem to have no ability to turn!:) It was really fun though. I had a great time. I WISH I would have remembered the camera!! Well, congraTulations on your bike.

 
At 10:13 PM, Blogger Brenda Walker said...

so you are saying then, that you conveniently rushed Lauri out the door so that she would forget the camera. You should no better than that. At least you have the memories but no evidence of it.

 
At 12:06 PM, Blogger Kayla said...

I still haven't ridden my brother's bike. I don't really want to though.

 
At 8:19 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sorry your blankety-blank blinkers don't blink. Maybe they never blunk at all.

 
At 8:00 PM, Blogger Caleb said...

That was fun. Can't wait 'til you ride it down here.

 
At 7:27 PM, Blogger Aaron, Kara, Walker, Sophie June, and Ford said...

I'm glad to hear that you had so much fun on the bike...I pictured it kind of like one of those dialogue-less 5 minute segments of "Easy Rider" that runs to the musical stylings of SteppenWolf...was it?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home