Saturday, April 01, 2006

More Computer and Bike Stuff!

     Well, as I'm sure many of you remember, I have had a dual monitor setup on my computer for the last month or so. I was online (as usual) the other day and I found another ad for the same monitor that I purchased as my second one, the price, still only 129.99 after rebate. I got to thinking about how much nicer it would be if both of my monitors were exactly the same and decided, "Why don't I sell the first monitor that I got on eBay?". If I set my price just high enough so that if it sells I can almost afford the matching monitor, then sale or no sale the worst that can happen is I will lose the $3 it cost me to list the monitor on eBay. Well, I set the opening bid at $99 and the Buy it Now at $165. I am charging $25 shipping +$3 for optional insurance. Amazingly the monitor sold for $197.50!!! This leaves me with a good amount of profit after I buy my new monitor. I am very excited about this!



This is the monitor that I sold.



This is the new monitor that should come in the mail in a few days.

     In motorcycle news:

I found out the other day that the seal between the main part of my engine and the magneto (thing that makes electricity to power my battery) is leaking. It isn't a very bad leak, but over the course of the years that it sat in the guys garage that sold it, it allowed a lot of oil to get into the magneto. Long story short, I took it all apart, cleaned out all of the oil, resealed it and now it is working much better! My blinkers and blinking, my headlight is brighter and the bike just seems to run better.

Jason R. and I went dirt riding on Friday and we had a great time, it was pouring down rain the entire 3 hours that we were riding, but what fun!!! I crashed in 3 really deep puddles and went down once coming down a hill, I bruised myself a little, but nothing serious! Anyway, I love my bike! Thanks again Steve!!!!

6 Comments:

At 1:16 PM, Blogger Brenda Walker said...

pretty soon that will be my bike and you can get a newer one.

 
At 3:16 PM, Blogger Auntie Eisel said...

That will be cool to have your monitors matching! But it's to bad your horn on your bike doesn't sound as cool as it used to. :)

 
At 5:49 PM, Blogger Kayla said...

That mail-in rebate hooks you every time doesn't it. I am going to start putting all my trash on ebay and offering a rebate so you will buy it from me.

 
At 8:04 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That looks an awful lot like a monitor that I am getting in the mail too. Sweet we will have matching monitors.

 
At 7:58 AM, Blogger Caleb said...

You turned your monitor into a garden? I mean, I got nothing wrong with flowers but.... I thought that Magneto was an X-man.

 
At 5:01 PM, Blogger Justin Richardson said...

I finished welding on your ramp today. I took it home and i'm painting it as soon as my mom gets home with the paint. So bring the truck to youth group tommorrow.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home