Monday, April 10, 2006

Super Visor






Well, as you can see, these are some super visors, as it turns out, I too am a supervisor! Yep, about six months ago, I asked my manager about becoming a supervisor and he told me that he would let the appropriate people know. He let them know and began giving me a little more responsibility, but after a few months I began to wonder if anything would become of it. At the start of the year, it was announced that they were changing the way they had promoted supervisors in the past, now you would apply for the job more formally by filling out an application and waiting for an interview. Anyway, I filled out the application, received two interviews and then they gave me the job. I was told last night that on Tuesday April 18 I will be starting work as a supervisor over our receiving dock on the weekday nights schedule. I am very thankful for this promotion and am looking forward to starting. Now I will finally have Sundays off again and a more regular weekend. Thanks for your prayers for me in getting this job and please continue to remember to pray that I will do a good job!

15 Comments:

At 3:29 PM, Blogger Caleb said...

Yeah!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm so excited for you! Will you get this Sunday off, or will you work a whole bunch this weekend and next week?

 
At 4:20 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Do you get to wear one of those super visors? Cuz I think You would get a lot more respect from the people you are supervising if you wore the Rainbow colored spring cord one.

 
At 8:04 PM, Blogger Kayla said...

I agree with Jeremy. Does this mean you will not be attending the weeknight church-affiliated events such as Youth Group & Awana. When am I supposed to get my computer worked on????

 
At 8:04 PM, Blogger Kayla said...

Oh yeah, congratulations!

 
At 4:41 AM, Blogger Jay said...

Dude, that's the junk man. Congratulations!
Oh and Bean told me about the new widget. I gotta check it out.

 
At 1:25 PM, Blogger Aaron, Kara, Walker, Sophie June, and Ford said...

Congratulations! Do you get to wear a visor like that as a supervisor -- because I have a green one. Aaron doesn't really like it when I wear it, so I might be willing to sell it to you -- you know, if you need it for work.

 
At 3:35 PM, Blogger Auntie Eisel said...

HOORAAAAAAY! That's great Zachary! I was thinking that maybe you had the black one before you got promoted, and now you wear the colored one. That would be cool. But I'm surprized that there was nothing in that post about your motorcycle or computers! :)

 
At 8:42 PM, Blogger Justin Richardson said...

Congradulations!

 
At 8:43 PM, Blogger Justin Richardson said...

apparently i'm the only one who can't spell congratulations.

 
At 3:53 AM, Blogger Katie80 said...

I started reading your post before the pictures showed up and I was a little bit confused. But now I see the superiorness of the visors.
I'm really stoked for you!

 
At 11:42 AM, Blogger Kayla said...

Like the new song I do.

 
At 4:30 PM, Blogger Auntie Eisel said...

I like the new one!

 
At 3:44 PM, Blogger CrazyUncle said...

Yup, nothing would cap success like that more than a super visor. I tip my hat to you. Give them helm et work. Stay regular on the weekend.

Congratchulations.

 
At 4:47 PM, Blogger Auntie Eisel said...

Update already!

 
At 8:56 PM, Blogger Justin Richardson said...

15 comments is not enough for a new post now or what? Oh well I guess I can expect updates on the weekend because of your new schedule now. I promise i'll get on the updating.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home